If you are the kind who drills repeatedly and therefore expect an accuracy for every job done, then hand drilling can be a set back for you because of mismatching. But with the use of a drill press vise that operates like an assembly line in its uniformity, you will get the exact same kind of drill holes any time you use it for the entire lot you are working on without any mismatching.
The drills below also hasten the process of drilling, and because we all know that time is precious, the quicker and accurately you are able to get things done, the better for you. It is beneficial for your drilling needs because of how the total efficiency increases. Additionally, because safety is the most necessary feature when making use of drilling machines when you use a drill press, your safety and your security are assured throughout the usage.
Every woodworker gains a maximum amount of command when using the drill, which means that they control the speed and can quickly shut it down before any accidents can occur. Check out the best drill press vises below.
Top 7 drill press vises -best drill press vises for you
HHIP 3900-0186 Drill Vise
The major screw of this vise is fifty percent bigger in diameter than the standard drill press vises you may be used to. I noticed that this bigger main screw when paired up with its heavier castings can allow this vise to operate with more clamping pressure and force than the traditional vises. This rugged vise was created with durability in mind. The thirty thousand psi iron castings in Gray are made to give you long years of service. Dual V-Grooves are present in its stationary jaw which helps to grip any kind of circular objects.
- This drill press vise is made with strong, high quality, stress alleviated iron casting and was made to give you more clamping power than older versions of vises.
- The ground of the vise is precise, the jaw opening is 6.25 inches, the jaw’s measurements are six inches wide by 1.875 inches deep.
- With its quick slide feature, this drill is able to take care of your projects and jobs in no time.
- The surface of the cast jaw may protrude beyond its surface ground jaw so if you want to clamp something of about three inches, you may need to use parallels, depending on the job. It is done like this to ensure that the machines lower surface is suitably low.
Yost Drill Vise
This vice has a superb precision design which makes for better clamping.
The Yost vise was made with the serious serious craftsman in mind as these vises are professionally crafted for smooth operation and tight tolerances. The machined surfaces give you accurate movement and has strong bases that sit conveniently on the stand of the drill press. To my delight, this feature removes any sort of annoying wobble from this vise. The front jaw which is V grooved can grip pipes or any other round items quite better than the standard flat jaws you may be used to.
- The cast iron possesses thirty thousand PSI tensile strength for extra performance whenever you need it for projects.
- It has an oversized major handle which grants you extra torque.
- The stationary jaw which has a V groove design is great for gripping any circular shaped material for drilling.
- To avoid unpleasant rust marring the surface, it comes with an efficient coat finish.
- It doesn’t just have one, but two mounting slots for your project needs.
- The front jaw of this drill press vise is equipped with horizontal and vertical V grooves and these grooves are made to grip any pipe and other round materials you may need to drill.
- The accurately machined base of this unit ensures that it sits flush with the drill press bench or table which gives you precise drilling results and the efficient guide rails enable smooth operation.
- The moving jaw can be kind of sloppy after some years of usage and when you tighten on an item or material, the moving jaw may rise up slightly during the tightening and if it does that, the item in your vise will turn back to face the fixed jaw and may eject the piece right out of level. The solution is to take the material in the vise then tilt it a little bit toward its moving jaw which makes it level when it raises up.
Wilton 11746 Drill Vise
This drill press vise was made for various kinds of applications like reaming, drilling and tapping. I observed that it has a low profile clearance which gives you extra room to work on your machine table.
It also has hard V groove shaped jaws which are able to hold down round objects not just vertically, but horizontally. If you seriously need a vise, you look take a closer look at this one because of its longevity and outstanding power.
- With this vise, you can always get what you bargained for. The dual adjustment crank handles are made out of good aluminum so it is not possible to break them no matter how hard you crank them.
- The jaws of this drill press vise are precise and it gives you smooth operation every time you make use of it.
- The clamping jaw of this unit is held square and true with a big rod which also assists you if your work item or material is a little bit off center.
- The mounting slots on this unit allows you to be able to mount the vise on virtually any kind of table available.
- If you are not an expert but a dIY enthusiast, it may need a little attention on the rod threads so it does not remove from the jaw when releasing any part from its vise or allow the clamping jaws to move up/down or side to side whenever you clamp on something.
Wilton 11694 Drill Vise
This drill press vise can precisely move your work item horizontally or vertically for accurate positioning. It has a durable construction that has nice grain castings made from cast iron. I like the fact that the dual adjustment cranks come with set-screw collars exactly where they join with the body of this vise.
The cast knobs on the side precisely dial in one millimeter increments and the strong v grooved jaws are able to hold round shaped items not just horizontally, but vertically.
- When set well with a thin washer right in between its set screw and its body, the vise gives you more precise motion and it will move very smoothly.
- With a thin washer right behind the plate, the performance of this drill press vise is enhanced for your drilling needs.
- The grease which arrives with the vise is useful for smooth movement and even strorage and also prevents corrosion.
- If you clean its vise with some oil or get a nice lithium grease or anything at all you use for your machinery, it will move even smoother than before.
- It has good and strong rail guide screws and you will not need to re-grease its rails for a while.
- There could be a small amount of slop in the gauges as well as a single lead screw and to remedy that, just add a nylon washer at the back of the handle on the particular screw and it will work perfectly.
Hd Drill Press Machine
This is a six inch two way cross vise with a swivel that is able to slide 360 degrees. Constructed with cast iron with accurately made compound slides and a rotating base, I noticed that it is fitted with steel jaws that can actually be replaced. It also has lead screws which are metric calibrated as well as locking slides. It is a great drill press vise machining and drilling projects. The strong compound slide vise includes lots of extra functionality right to your press table and you can easily place your item for exact hole drilling. For the jobs where you want to drill multiple items, you can even set this up as a jig to trigger repeatability.
- The construction was done with accurately made compound slides as well as a 360° base which rotates.
- It is has a six inch jaw opening, it is six inches wide, it has a depth of jaw of 1-1/4″, a total depth of 1-3/4″, can cross that bridge approximately 5 1/9″ and an
oval base of 9 inches X 7 inches approximately and is precisely 40lbs”.
- The steel jaws can be replaced any time you want and it has lead screws which are metric calibrated as well as locking slides.
- This drill press vise is ideal for your machining and drilling home or work projects.
- With the good compound slide vise, your drill press table is given extra functionality and it makes it easy for you to place your item for accurate hole drilling for any kind of project.
- It is a good vise but may be a tad too large if you have a small press table.
- After some years of usage, one of its rotary handles may begin to wobble if not handled with care and you may need to replace or manage it by putting it back in repeatedly.
Kaka Drill Press Machine
This drill press vise from Kaka is made for applications like reaming, drilling and tapping. I observed that it has a low profile clearance which gives you more room on your machine table. Its hard V groove shaped jaws are able to hold down round shaped items both horizontally and vertically. This modelTSL-140 with item number 176311, has a jaw height of 5-½ inches, jaw width of two inches and jaw opening of 5-½ inches.
- It is an effectively strong tool for holding down any parts on your drill press table without qualms.
- It has a sturdy and long lasting drill press vise which is not just ideal for home applications but also for industrial applications too.
- The V-grooves allow you to clamp round objects not just vertically but horizontally too.
- After some years of usage, there may be a little slop on its movement so when you reverse a direction on a directional screw, you may need to also turn its screws ten degrees before any actual linear movement happens and this is for its x and y-axes as well as its clamp.\
Shop Fox D4082 Vise
This vise has an ideal slide bar which is used to prevent the jaws from tilting upwards or even sideways whenever you are tightening it. I like the adjustable gibs which can take up any kind of slack on both the top and even the bottom slides.
You can use this vise for cutting your keyways and even for doing light milling projects. It is a really sturdy tool for holding down any parts on your drill press table without any problems.
- The extra icing on the cake about this drill press vise is that is can be used to cut your keyways and also used for milling.
- The total height is 5-1/4- inches, its
capacity is four inches ban the jaw width is also four inches.
- The bottom slide travel is four inches, the top slide travel is four inches and it weighs approximately twenty two pounds.
- If you do not tighten it well, if you move the work item in x & y directions, its clamp body may move around.
A drill press vise is basically the perfect choice for some certain jobs like drilling metal or even small pieces of wood. Not only does it hold your workpiece firmly in place, it also sets your hands free and gives you extra creativity in your project. If you know you definitely need one, follow the list above to assist you in making good decisions and pick the perfect vise for your workshop.